Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Middle-Life Crisis

SO... 3 years ago today I graduated high school. 

I was DEVASTATED to graduate! It wasn't because Tesoro was some utopia or anything but because I had great teachers and I was super nervous to get on with my life. High school was comfortable. I was scared to move away from friends, make new friends and possibly drift away from friends. I was afraid to leave my family and sunny southern California. I was terrified of starting college and thinking about careers and big kid things like marriage. OKAY let me just say College is about 3,000 x's better then high school! But today I am being nostalgic and remembering how I Kari and I rigged the system and sat by each other instead of by our advisement classes. I remember how hungry I was because I was too nervous to eat the whole day. I remember my hunger turning to angry as I heard Dan Burch speak forever and got sunburnt while sitting in a stupid cap and gown in 95 degree weather. Oh Tesoro High School... I'm glad I no longer attend you but thanks for all the good times. 

I'll never forget the 45 minutes it took me to get out of your parking lot, I'll never forget my fav AP classes,  the Harnetts, Lacrosse with Kati and Gretchen, playing and singing Margarita ville for my guitar final, going 105 on the toll road with Danielle and Do to bring Cold stone to our AP US review, the raunchy dances, our terrible sports teams, sneaking into tutorials with my best friends, eating lunch at temple square, getting nominated for Winter Formal Court, Hannah Montana on bus rides to Lacrosse games, sneaking kids in tbe back of my car so they wouldn't have to go to 6th period, Fire days, Torch of Excellence, not having a 2nd or 6th period senior year, and all the times I had with my best friends.
OH high school... that seems like a lifetime ago! 

1 comment:

  1. Ah!
    You know Brie! I love that girl. :]
    I can't believe it's been three years since I graduated too! Seriously, where did all the time go. & wha? I'm a senior in college. :/

    ReplyDelete