Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Favorite Person of the Week for October 17th- October 22nd

F.P.O.T.W.
Nathan Arthur Brennan
Birth Date: .05.10.1988
Birthplace: Tustin, CA
Dream Job: ESPN sports analyzer and data collector
Favorite Food: Annette's $4 dollar pizza
Favorite Movie: What About Bob?
How I know Nate: Nate and I are 2 years and 2 weeks apart. We have the same parents and came from the same womb. He is my older brother, great friend, and hero. 
My Favorite Story about Nate and I: When I was two years old and Nate was Four, we were outside playing in our front yard. We found a mouse that had been caught in a sticky trap and it appeared to be barley alive. Nate wanted a closer look so he removed the sticky vermin from the sticky trap and thought it would make for a styling accessory for me, so he put the stick, half alive, mouse in my hair. I became hysterical and ran into the house frantically looking for my Mom. 
Hoping to receive some maternal sympathy and comfort, I sat down next to my Mom on the couch. I was unable to form complete sentences since I was so hysterical and my Mom sat there and tried to comfort me as I laid my head on her lap and she patted me on the head. Suddenly my Mom discovered that there was a large protrusion from my head that had a sticky texture. Once she realized that the protrusion was a rodent, she shoved me aside and began to scream louder then me and run straight for the piano hoping to avoid the situation and distance herself from her toddler with a mouse stuck in her hair. After my mother calmed down and was able to convey complete sentences she yelled for my older brother and his friends to come  retrieve the rat from my hair. 
The three 7 year old boys found the whole situation amusing and humorous and their laughs and a few weak tugs on my hair did absolutely nothing. So my Mom decided to grab the keys and we headed to Fantastic Sams. I still to this day feel bad for the hair-dresser who had to cut a rodent out of a two year olds hair. So Nate is the best brother imaginable even if it is hard to picture after this story from our childhood. No permeant damage Nate... I think that was his way of letting me know that I really needed a hair cut.
Reasons that Nate is my F.P.O.T.W.  Nate has accomplished so much and  also over come so much in his life. He has been a living example to me my entire life of what faith, a good attitude, and hard work can achieve. He is a rock in the gospel and there have been so many times that I have depend upon him for strength and he always is there rescuing me when I need it most. We look out for each other and we have done that since the womb. His name means "Gift from God" and he has been nothing less then that to me and my family and everyone who meets him. 

 I love you big brother!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment