Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Your Future Is As Bright As Your Faith

Life is not easy, and I have a SUPER easy life. I two wonderful parents who love each other. I have  4 wonderful siblings and a fantastic sister-in-law. I am 8 credits away from a bachelors degree. I have had so many opportunities to grow and learn. I have amazing friends who save me everyday. I live in the United States of America. I am blessed economically and do not have to worry about where my next meal is coming from or how if I can pay the rent next month. I am employed. I have a mind that allows me to think, ponder and enjoy the best parts of life.
Nothing says "Faith" like a tramp stamp?
NOW you might think that I don't have anything to complain about after listing all the things that I have, but life is hard. People die, get sick, leave, make bad decisions, and life goes on. Of all the thing I've listed, when hard times arise; money, friends, and education only go so far. The thing that makes life worth living and the thing that makes you smile everyday no matter what is happening around you or to you, is the gospel of Jesus Christ. The knowledge that our God loves us and knows that whatever happens to us, its all apart or his plan that will ultimatly insure us happiness that we cannot yet comprehend. So all the money in the world, the best of friends an educational and employment opportunities will never provide the peace, comfort and purpose that the gospel offers.
The gospel give us the oppturnity to practice our faith in God's plan and the more faith we exert the better our current circumstances will become as we embrace the optimsim that comes from having an eternal perspective.
Thomas S. Monson Said,
"It would be easy to become discouraged and cynical about the future—or even fearful of what might come—if we allowed ourselves to dwell only on that which is wrong in the world and in our lives. Today, however, I’d like us to turn our thoughts and our attitudes away from the troubles around us and to focus instead on our blessings as members of the Church. The Apostle Paul declared, “God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 
 When the going gets rough, its a great thing to be Mormon!
Your Future Is As Bright As Your Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment