Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 14

Day Fourteen: Who Is Your Favorite Musician and Why?

That is as tough one... I have four favorites!
1). Taylor Swift
Don't be hating... I use to think she was the worst, but then I actually listened to a song other then "Love Story" and I realized that she isn't that country. The woman SPEAKS to me! I love songs that I can derive my own meaning from and that I feel are applicable to me and seriously everyone of her songs does that for me. She writes sad songs, happy songs, love songs, and just songs that make you want to roll the windows down and blast. 
Fav songs: Enchanted, Breathe, Best Day, Untouchable
2). Kelly Clarkson
She was my first real concert when I was 14 years old and she was sensational live! I seriously was obssessed with her for about 4 years. The song "Since U Been Gone" is one of my favorite songs of all time. It came out in 2004 and I think I've listened to it at least 3,000 times. 
Fav Songs: Since U Been Gone, My Life Would Suck Without You, Behind These Hazel Eyes, Sober, Already Gone
3). Coldplay
I love them! They are so artsey and just have the most beautiful and poetic melodies and lyrics. I don't know anything about music but I know that Coldplay knows everything about it. I can listen to Coldplay anytime of day and it always calms me down. When ever I listen to them I think about the day I graduated high school and when I was in Africa because there newest CD came out around then and I ONLY listened to it and nothing else. It always brings back fond and tender memories. 
Fav Songs: Death and All His Friends, Lovers in Japan (acoustic version), The Scientist, Swallowed in the See, Viva La Vida.
4). Owl City
Strange, but so very amazing! Owl City is one of those groups that had to grow on me. Their lyrics don't make sense but then make so much sense all at the same time. They are like lyrical prozac because you cannot help but drive around in your car, roll the sunroof down and love every minute of your life.
Fav Songs: If My Heart Was A House. Saltwater Room. Vanilia Twilight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment