Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I've Chosen My 'M'

So pretty much the only reason that I blog is because A). I have to go for my communications class... stupid filler credits I am taking. B). Its for me. So for those two reasons I post this...



This song has been on repeat for about 4 months now and it defines my life! I know very little about life and the things around me and it doesn't matter how many degrees I get, books I publish, or what my GPA says because the one thing I do know is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is TRUE and it brings me more happiness and purpose then anything else in this life... and for that reason... I have decided to serve a mission. This decision  has taken me 4 1/2 months to make and  lead to  many nights on my knees, tears, and worrying about the future, but once I received my answer that was SO clear and SO undeniable, I knew that no matter what else was going on in my life, I needed, and in my heart wanted to drop everything to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life. If you would have told me a year ago that I would serve a mission and would actually choose to put my life on hold including relationships and graduation, I would have laughed at you, BUT that just goes to show that when the Lord calls, there is no choice but to answer.  So my papers should be submitted this weekend and a call addressed to a "Sister Aubrey Ann Brennan" should be in my mailbox in about 2 1/2 3 weeks. For the record I have NEVER been happier in my entire life! 
I guess all there is left to say is... 

"So trusting my all to thy tender care and knowing thou lovest me, I'll do thy will with a heart sincere, I'll be what you want me to be. I'll Go where You where you want me to go dear Lord over mountain or plain or sea, I'll say what you want me to say dear Lord, I'll be you want me to be." 

I CANNOT WAIT TO WEAR THE NAME -TAG! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you best friend and love how happy this decision makes you therefore it makes me happy! The gospel truly is amazing and I know you will do SO good out there serving him. Nothing will change between our friendship once your home (esp since I will diligently write you!)

    ReplyDelete