Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

F.P.O.T.W. 11.14.10-11.21.10.

F.P.O.T.W.
Elder Daniel Christopher Glade
Height
6'3 1/2
Birthplace
 Highland, UT
Birthdate
 02.22.1990.
Current Location
Mexico City, Mexico
Favorite Food
Sandwiches from Kneaders and Gandolphos and pork burritos from Cafe Rio
Favorite Candy
 Peanut butter M&M's and butterfingers Christmas bells
F.P.O.T.W. Catch Phrase
"Stop being such a pill" "Hey toots, that's mine" "OH MY, you just did WHAT?" "Yoooowhooo?!?! What be the meaning of this?"
Why This Person Is My F.P.O.T.W. 
Daniel Christopher Glade... where do I begin! I have known this boy since I was 13 and I don't know of anyone else that I have met in my life other than my family that has impacted my life so much. He brings out the best in me in every way possible. He is just one of those people that you meet and your life is never quite the same. You cannot help but smile ear to ear when he is around. I have had the privilege of being the best of friends with him for the last 7 years and it has been the best 7 years of my life.

Daniel is also a full time missionary serving in the Mexico Mexico City Northwest mission and I could NOT be more proud or happy for him and all the amazing things he is doing and the selfless service he is rendering. These past 201/2 months have been amazing for me as I have got to read his letters and emails and just been enhanced in every way possible by all the amazing things he is doing. This boy is one in a million and I am SO lucky that I know him and he is my life, enhancing it each day. He is my best friend and one of my heros and I love him for all that he does and just for being Daniel Christopher Glade. 
How Did I Meet The F.P.O.T.W.
Well I was 13 and I had just moved to Highland, Ut and tottally hated life. I was NOT happy to be there. I remember so vividly walking into my sunday school class for my first time one early July morning. I remember a boy in the corner of the room wearing a hawaiian tie and him being surrounded by all the girls in the class. He didn't say much to me and I didn't say much to him until one night in the fall when we were paired up as dance partners for a mutual activity.

 He was the outgoing guy that girls flocked over with a heart of gold, a brilliant smile, and the most infectious laugh and personality you'd ever encountered. He had this way of making me feel like I had known him forever and that we'd danced, talked, and laughed so many times before. It was the start of a beautiful friendship and the rest is history... he is just one of my favorite people ever!
Why You Should Like This F.P.O.T.W. As Much As I Do
He is hilarious!
He is smart.
He is the kind of boy your Mom wants you to marry and if she was 30 years younger she'd take a stab at it!
I've yet to meet a person that knows him and doesn't rave about how amazing he is.
He gives great hugs! The kind that cut off your circulation.
He is thoughtful and remembers the little things.
His favorite movie is Dream Girls
He is a great music pal... you WILL covet his ipod.
He speaks spanish!
He is a great frozen yogurt consuming partner.
He has the best XY chromosome handwriting... EVER!
He is a good friend. He doesn't forget birthdays, anniversaries or other sentimental days.
He is athletic and good at pretty much every sport.
He has a really cool left ear, it is one of favorite features.
He can eat a whole Beto's breakfast burrito, that's a talent!
He makes a mean dutch baby.
He is musical.
He is good with kids... I think he wins best uncle of all time award.
He is ALWAYS happy and positive. In all the 7 years I have know the kid, I think I've scene him upset twice. Happiness is just contagious when you are around this kid.
He can roll his r's... it only took him 15 months of living in Mexico.
He is extremely humble
He is the best friend a girl could ask for!
He claims he is the reason that Kelly Clarkson won American Idol because he voted for her so much...anyone who knows me, knows that's a big deal!
He has got some pretty sweet dance moves
He likes most chick flicks
He is Daniel Christopher Glade... enough said!

There are about 1,000,001 reasons of why this kid and me could have drifted apart over the years, but we didn't. We both cared so much for each other that we knew nothing was more important than our friendship. There are SO many more things I could say about this amazing 6'3 looker, but I don't think blogger lets you have post that long. No matter what happens in the future I know that I will always, always, always have a very large and special place in my heart for this boy and that he has done for me in my life. His friendship means the world to me and I know that one of the reasons my family moved to Highland, UT was so that I could meet my best friend, Daniel Christopher Glade.
Elder Glade, March cannot come soon enough, I'm excited to see you!
"Even though you're out of sight, you're never out of my mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment