Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

One Year Older...

REFLECTION TIEMPO

So I have always been one to reflect. My Birthday and the New Year are the two big times that I look back on what has happened to me over the course of the year. Last year, I had just turned 20 years old, was recovering from nose surgery and moved home for Spring and Summer term. I was very determined on my life turning out a certain way and I thought that when my 21st birthday would role around certain things would take place. Well to be honest NOTHING that I wanted or thought would take place, took place, and you know what...GOOD!!!!!! A year ago today I thought I was going to graduate from BYU with my degree in History and begin grad school in the fall. I thought that certain relationships were going to make big changes in my life as well, but now that it has been 365 days later, and none of the things that I wanted took place, I am nothing less then thrilled because I know that what I am doing today is what I want and my Father in Heaven wants, I could not say that a year ago. 
TWENTY
ONLY because I have a healthy self-image
TO
TWENTY-ONE
In the past year I meet/lived with three of my best friends, one who got married in March and one who  left in January to serve an 18 month mission. I put off grad school. I decided to not graduate in August of 2011, but rather August of 2013. My best friend since I was 5 left for her 18 month mission and, my other best friend since I was 13 retuned home after serving his mission for 24 months, and now I am set to leave and do what my three best friends have done or are currently doing, and that is to preach and teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. If there is one thing I have learned in my 20th year of life, that is embrace change, ask in prayer for EVERYTHING you do, and then do EXACTLY what the Lord inspires you to do, otherwise you will look back in a years time and regret what you wished, wanted, and maybe even wrongly followed through with.

No comments:

Post a Comment