Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 9

Day Nine: A Picture of the Town You Are From

My entire life I have not liked telling people where I am from. When people ask I say California, then they ask where in California, and I say Southern California. Most don't find that specific enough and ask where in Southern California. I try at all costs to avoid saying, Orange County so I say Newport Beach, because that was where I am born and the major city close to where I live.


 I actually don't live in a city. I live in a gated community composed of over 4,000 homes and over 13,000 people. It;s become quite a well known place because of the TV show "The Real Housewives of Orange County".  I have such a love hate relationship with where I live. I love the ocean, I love South Coast Plaza, I love the 75 degree weather in February, but the stigma of rich, spoiled, self consumed people is what turns me off. It's a beautiful place and I love visiting my parents BUT Coto is the LAST place I'd ever choose to live in. 
On the other hand... the place where I lived three years of my life, where I wish I could claim I am from and the place I could live the rest of my days  is... Highland, UT



No comments:

Post a Comment