Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Six: Your Dream Wedding
Okay when I first saw this post on the list, I was dreading day six because I have no idea what I want my wedding to look like. I felt a little embarrassed as I googled wedding dresses, knowing that I am not engaged. One thing I know is that I want my wedding to be elegant and timeless. I want to look at pictures in 50 years and not regret being so trendy or what not. I have always wanted my wedding to be focused on one thing and that is the temple. So that is where I will start.
Ever since my Brother and Siter-in-law got married here, I realized that this is the place ( haha get it?) where I want to be sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend and husband. I know that I am from California and my parents do live very close to the beautiful Newport Beach temple, but I just really want Salt Lake. I use to think that getting married anytime other then June would be terrible but I think it looks so pretty with snow. So I guess I'm flexible about when, just not where.
THE DRESS
I don't have a picture of a dress because I spent 10 minutes looking and couldn't find one. This will be the most stressful part about getting married, I am sure! I know what  I do want though. I want it to be cream or just not super white. I want it to have sleeves that hit about 2 inches above my elbow. I want it to be lace and have no train. I plan on dancing at my reception so I better be able to bust a move in it.
I have serious problems because I had more fun looking at suits on j.crew for guys then I did looking for a wedding dress. So I want my future man to wear a nice tailored, preferable j.crew or some other preppy institution so that he can look as good as he did on our wedding day any time he likes. Also if my future man looks like the model above.. OH I can defiantly handle that!
The colors.  I like champagne and black.  They are simple, elegant, and timeless. 
So this is probably my stupidest idea of all but I have scene Father of the Bride about 7,000 times and I have always loved the idea of having a reception at your house. This is my parents house in Highland, UT. They don't live there and probably by the time I get married my parents will have sold the house, but it has a beautiful backyard for a summer wedding and 11,000 square feet inside for a winter wedding. I just love this house! 
FLOWERS
I seriously know the names of three flowers; roses, hydrangeas, and birds of paradise. So since I hate the birds of paradise flower with my entire soul, I think that would do roses and hydrangeas. 
Bouquets to this effect 
with these everywhere insight
?BRIDES MAIDS?
I have always wondered whether or not having Bride's Maid's is wise or not. Do you only do your sisters and your boys sisters? Do you do just single friends? Do you make them buy their outfit our do you buy it? So I am not sure if I want to do them or not. If I did them they would preferably wear
a black dress of their choosing
Pearls are a MUST!
 Black or champagne colored Stuart Wietzman heels
First Songs
OR 

and for the most important song... The Daddy Daughter One
I am named after this song after all
HONEYMOON! 
The future Mr. Aubrey Brennan might disagree but all I want is to stay in a nice resort in Park City, get room service, massages, maybe hit the slopes once and sing 'Baby Its Cold Outside' to my man. 

So basically I wasted 30 minute doing this and I'm not even engaged and I already feel stressed about planning a wedding. Good thing this won't happen in the near future so I still have a while to not think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment