Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Two Weeks Apart... SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?

Being a 20 year old LDS girl, the word "missionary" often evokes an array of emotions. Missionaries are my most favorite people in the world. Well after I thought I was on the downhill of writing and sending off missionaries and only going to homecomings, two of my most favorite people in the world decided to serve. The first is Sister Hannah Davis and the second is Sister Kati Van Dusen.











Aren't they the CUTEST!?!

Sister Hananh Jane Davis has been assigned to labor in the Brazil, Salvador Mission, speaking Portuguese and reporting to the Provo MTC on January 26th.
Hannah was my roommate for 4 months and we enjoyed many late nights laughing, crying, yelling at the sumo wrestlers who lived above us, watching Gossip Girl, talking about the men in our lives, consuming  pork salads, trail mix and fresca, Football games, pillowtalks and just loving every second we got to spend with each other.  I joke that I know how people meet and get married four months later because if a guy and girl got to know each other as well as Hanns and I did over 4 months then I would not be opposed to the cliche BYU meet and marry.
 I remember when she got her call almost 5 months ago and thinking that January 26th would be forever away and we would avoid talking about it to avoid emotional breakdowns, but now that it is VERY close I am only sad because she will not be in life for 18 months but I am happy because I know that those will be the ONLY 18 months that I cannot talk to her, call her, or laugh with her. Hanns is the person I want at my wedding, my child's first birthday party, at the mailbox when I get my first social security check and since she plans on living till she at least 100 years old, I want her at my funeral.  Hanns is just sensational in every way possible.
I cannot even describe how much I have learned from living with her and how forever thankful I am that we had five months to become the best of friends. Hanns honestly completes me and I love being around her. Sometimes you meet people and  become good friends and then a few years later they are just people who write on your facebook wall for your birthday. Well with Hanns I know that no matter where we are or what we are doing in life, we will be friends, and I take great comfort in that. I am SOOO proud of Hanns and she is going to be the best missionary I just know it!
 If I decide to serve a mission I want to prepare just like her. I loved seeing her  crawl into bed at 1:30 in the morning and study and prepare for her mission even though she was way busy with business school stuff and all the other stuff she had going on in her life. She made preparing a top priority in her life and I know that it will make all the difference as she baptizes by the bus load in Brazil.  I could not be happier for her and her decision to serve a mission but I just feel a little empty without her. Let it be know that Hannah Jane Davis WILL change the world! 
THEN if Hannah leaving wasn't enough of an emotional void
the person who is more then a best friend and a little less than a sister leaves on the 9th of February to serve an 18 month mission in the Paraguay Asuncion North mission to speak spanish.
This is the person who I have known since I was five and who is one of the reasons I am the person I am today. Her role in my life is more important than I can ever convey. I love everything about her and I am cannot believe that I wont be able to text her something funny that happened in my life, go to TGI Fridays and eat dessert platers like fatties, and have meaningful chats in my driveway when she drops me off. One cannot accurately describe who I am without throwing in Kati Van Dusen's name. She is a part of me and not in some lesbian way. She is that person that you meet who changes everything other then that guy you marry. Kati is one of the great blessings in my life and I am SOO proud of her!
Kati is one of the best people I have ever known. She is perfect in every way to me and my life would suck without her is not just a Kelly Clarkson song title but is how i'd really feel if I had never met her. As lame as it sounds, Kati completes me. She is my best friend and is the person I call first when something happens in my life. She is the person who I run to when my heart gets broken, when I met a cute boy, when I get a good grade, when I get a bad grade, when life is not going my way, when I need to vent, and when I feel no one else understands.
Kati is simply my person. To me, Kati was the person that was put on the earth to help me go through life. Kati has talked about serving ever since we graduated high school and I loved that not matter what, she was waiting and preparing to serve when it came her time. It will be a long 18 months without my best friend, but it will be 18 months that will change her life and she will come back the Kati Van Dusen we all know and love, but just better, if that is even comprehendible. 
So just when I thought I was done having a missionary or writing letters to foreign lands, I have ended up with two missionaries who I love and am more proud of then I will ever be able to describe! If what these two are preaching and teaching people for the next 18 months was not something I knew without a doubt to be 110 % true then there is NO WAY I could have parted with two of my lifelines, and favorite people for a year and half. 
I LOVE MY IRMA


I LOVE MY HERMANA
In in the words of my other favorite missionary, Elder Glade, "The only that is changing between us, is the email address!" I could not have said better myself DCG
Oh and
Brazil and Paraguay consider yourself un-third worlded because you are getting two of the best people I know!
Oh and the
 "I'm an ugly, not wanted by any male, pathetic, spinster" sister missionary stigma has officially been shattered because TWO of the best looking girls in the world are wearing the name tag!





(ignore my annoying voice while recording this)
P.S. the Boys are SOOO much easier to send off then the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment