Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 3

Day Three: Your Perfect Date
Well my perfect date would be to have breakfast at The Cottage in Corona Del Mar. Ride beach cruisers along Balboa. Make sandcastles, and fly kites at the beach. Eat roasted corn and smores. Then spread out a big blanket and find constellations in the sky with a cute boy. 
(my dress...SO 2006)
I've been on a lot of dates but there is just one that takes the cake. The perfect date that I've actually been on was my very first date. It was my Sophmore prom two days after I turned 16 years old. I was asked to Prom by my very dear friend Daniel Glade almost a month and a half before the dance and he asked my by putting a honeydew mellon and a cantaloupe on my front porch with a sign that said, "Honey since we Can't elope, will you at least go to Prom with me?" I knew the second I answered the door who left these two large fruits but the sign told me to cut open the fruits to find the name of the person who asked. I was right. It was Daniel. I spent the next month and a half agonizing over what dress to get and what not. I wanted to night to be PERFECT! Well on the day of prom Daniel picked me up and we played volleyball and ate pop sickles for our day date with the rest of our group and then I spent the whole day getting my hair and makeup done. If there was one thing I could do over, I would have not stressed out that much about how I looked because the boy told me I could go in seats if I wanted to. So around 5:30 Daniel picked me up. I will never forget walking down my stairs, tripping and remembering how good that boy looked in his tux. We met up with our group at the school for pictures and then we went back to Daniel's house where his Mom and Sister had prepared a fancy feast. We all had our own bottle of martinellies... it was magical! Then we headed off to the dance, which was at the top of the Wells Fargo building in downtown Salt Lake. We danced the night away and had the best time EVER! Then after the dance a few of us went out to our friend Mike's house for a bonfire and partied until 3 am. It was the most perfect night and date that I have ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment