Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 7

Day Seven: A Pet You've Always Wanted
I use to consider myself an animal person but I have just recently realized that I am not at all an animal person because of the animals of my past.
When I was three I got a bunny and I named it Thunder. I loved Thunder so much and I remember chopping up carrots for him and playing with him in the yard and alway refilling his water bottle so he wouldn't be thirsty. One day I came outside to play with Thunder and it was shaking violently. I ran inside crying to my Mother and we decided to take Thunder to the Vet. Thunder died on the table and I never quite got over that. To this day I hate rabbits A.) because all who live in Coto know how annoying their droppings and presence either in your yard or dead on the side of the road are. B.) because Thunder gave up on me all because it got hot one day and died on me and left me as a bitter rodent hating 3 year old.
So after my bunny phase I became obsessed with dogs. I wanted a dog so bad and begged for half a decade for one and then on Christmas when I was 10 Santa left me a note telling me that I could go pick out any kind of dog I wanted. On New Years 2000 I went to the pet store and immediately fell in love with a very cute chocolate lab. I knew the second I saw her that she would be my dog. We bought her and I named her Snickers. I LOVED my dog more then anything in the world. I would wake up every morning at 5:30 am and walk Snickers two miles. My parents made her sleep in the garage and there were nights were my parents would find me asleep in the garage next to Snickers. Every cent I earned went to buying Snickers new toys and pig ears. Some have accused Snickers of being the "devil" dog and although she was not an angel, she was not evil. But when I was 12 my Parents had enough of Snickers and decided we had to give her away. I cried for three months straight when we gave away Snickers and other then my two beta fish and my three frogs that I won at the Highland Fling who I named George, W, and Bush, I have not been a big fan of animals because they either die on you and take a piece of your heart or you parents make you give them away because they liked to chew on window seals, and patio furniture.
So I guess if I had to have an animal I would get a Walrus. Walruses, Walri (yeah I don't know the plural) are my favorite animal and they are just so CUTE!!! I would name it W.H. Taft after President William H. Taft who was the fattest American President. 

No comments:

Post a Comment